Did you know that you could receive hiring and training incentives, if you employ a youth aged 15 to 29?
The Get Youth Working! Program
The Get Youth Working! Program is funded by the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement. Through the program you could receive $2,800 by hiring (up to three) eligible youths. Not only that, you can add to this funding by requesting an additional training incentive of up to $1,000 to purchase training for those newly hired youths.
Your Business Criteria
To be eligible for the Hiring Incentive program your business must:
- Be in business for a minimum of one year
- Be in good standing with WorkSafe BC
- Adhere to all BC Labour Laws in the hiring and employment of the participants
- Not be filling a position of a laid-off worker awaiting recall or a displaced worker
- Employ the new hire for a minimum of 3 months and 30 hours/week
- Have applied for, and be approved for, the incentive before the new hire starts
To be eligible for the Training Incentive program the training must:
- Take place in British Columbia (either in the place of work or off-site)
- Be formal, structured and delivered by a trainer not related to you, the business owner
- Provide a certificate or recognized credentials
- Provide skills relevant to the position
- Be completed within the term of the Hiring Incentive Agreement
How to Apply for the Incentive
The application is easy. Simply conduct your recruiting as normal, and when you are ready to hire, complete the online application. When the program coordinators receive the application, they will assess if your hire meets the criteria and if you are eligible for funding.
Once approved, the incentive will be sent to in three equal payments over the first three months of employment.
Find Out More
To find out more about the program visit getyouthworking.ca or contact the program coordinators on 1-877-866-3100.