Terminating an employee can be the hardest thing you’ll do as an employer. But by being informed, prepared and proactive you can avoid the disruption and costly mistakes to your business.
Delivered by two employment law specialists, this interactive seminar will provide practical tips and case studies. Bring your questions and leave with the right answers for your business.
This seminar will help you:
- Understand that effective terminations start with the employment contract
- Distinguish between the different kinds of notice, and how this can mean saving thousands of dollars
- Grasp the basics of “for cause” and “without cause” terminations
- Learn what constructive dismissal is and how to avoid unintentionally terminating one of your employees
- Spot and avoid a discrimination claim before it becomes a problem
This seminar is hosted at Small Business BC in Vancouver and delivered to other locations via live webinar. Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.
- Productivity and Performance
- Operations Management